Monday, March 23, 2015

Invisible

 Everyone's felt invisible at some point in their lives. From when you don't kow anyone at a party or when everyone decides to scold you. I usually feel "invisble" around friends because to a certain group, I am the outcast. I don't relate to what they talk about or have expirienced what they have. That's not necesserily bad, I just tend to be left out. If there is a time I can jump in I would, but I perfer listening to the conversation and learning from others. They don't pay much attention to me even if I do jump in. Don't feel bad, it's mostly my fault because I don't want to sound ignorant. Like I'm talking about something I don't know as if I did. This only happens when there's a group of certain friends, not when it's just like three of us. I think I have gotten better at conversing when these kinds of things happen like asking them to explain so I could compare to something I can relate to. Still, I perfer to keep quiet and listen to others have their conversation while I do whatever I can do to keep myself distracted.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Eric. I think you're right - everyone has probably felt invisible at some point. In regards to your friends, I think if they are your real friends, they won't think you are ignorant if you ask questions and try to learn about whatever topic they are discussing. Some of the smartest people I know ask TONS of questions!

    ReplyDelete